POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halfway done, and I think POVRay has a bug ... : Halfway done, and I think POVRay has a bug ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Halfway done, and I think POVRay has a bug ...
From: Rick Measham
Date: 24 Jun 2005 09:12:27
Message: <42bc06bb@news.povray.org>
OK, so this render is taking forever and now it's halfway done, there's
a bug!

I'm sure I'm not the first to note this, but I've applied a focal blur.
Thus the buildings in the background are slightly out of focus and the
orb in the foreground is *in* focus. However, the buildings reflected in
it are further away from the camera (actually closer as the crow flies,
but further as the ray flies). But nonetheless, in the reflection,
they're *in* focus because the orb is in focus!

Is there any way to fix that??

(BTW: I built a macro to create the skyscrapers and put it on random
settings to get all the buildings. Happy to part with the source if
anyone wants it..)

ALSO, I couldn't build the orb out of blobs and have it look right, and
I have no idea how to make an isosurface such as this. Maybe I need a
mesh, but once again I have no idea. The smaller photo contains the
object I'm trying to draw... if anyone can offer suggestions I'd be, as
always, grateful.

Cheers and Thanks!
Rick Measham

P.S. I can't remember where I got the picture from! Gak! If anyone
recognises it, please yell out!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'halfway.png' (477 KB) Download 'big_silver_ball_sm.jpg' (45 KB)

Preview of image 'halfway.png'
halfway.png

Preview of image 'big_silver_ball_sm.jpg'
big_silver_ball_sm.jpg